Monday, October 8, 2012

Double

Double wammy or pain, I have started introducing easy recovery runs in the evenings whenever possible for a distance between 4 - 6 miles. My take on this is that this will help in faster recovery and forms a solid foundation to be utilized later when hill and hard workouts are added to the training schedule. This week is going to be crazy work hours, so I am suspecting how much I would be able to cover. Taking it one day at a time.

I have 2 buddies - Prawaal and Nishant. I usually run with Prawaal during long runs if he is consistent. With Nishant, I have a lot of discussions around running in general and some specifics. More towards disection of Arthur's training methods. One thing I firmly believe that a runner just cannot learn from other's mistakes. They have to make their own and use that as a feedback mechanism to fix the broken things. I had my share of mistakes and I am hopeful that this training is injury free.

Sunday - 5.39 miles (2nd run)
Monday - 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment